Friday, December 9, 2011

Questions answered - Code 3 acquisition by a non-collector

Occasionally I receive emails from people with questions about models, so I've decided to post the odd one every now and then. The first one is from 'Sarah'. 

Hi there,

I have been searching for ages for a model replica of the :
"CODE3 TRAX TR12B HOLDEN HZ PANEL VAN PETER BROCK RALLY SUPPORT VEHICLE 'MARLBORO' WITH BULL BAR AND ROOF RACK 1.43 SCALE"
And am hoping you might be able to help me.
I'm looking for it for my partner, and I myself do not know much about this sort of thing.
I look forward to hearing from you, if you have any questions please let me know.

Thanks,
Sarah

Hi Sarah,

That is a Code 3 model, which means its not an official Trax model, but one that a person has modified to be a Peter Brock support vehicle. The original Trax TR12B is a HZ Holden panel van in red with Ampol livery. 
Trax TR12B Holden HZ panelvan in Ampol livery. Released in 1993

I'm not familiar with the Code 3 model in question, but in my experience Code 3 models vary in quality from amateurish to exceptional. My advice is to actually hold it in your hand and assess the quality with the naked eye before handing over your money. Even I have been fooled with photos of a code 3 model which looked great - and when the model arrived I then saw how poor it was. 

No comments:

Post a Comment